Video Streaming For Smart TVs app turns your iPhone, iPad or Mac into adaptive video streaming server so you can immediately watch your videos on Your smart TV or computer using web browser.
For Mac version of the app please visit: http://mimeapps.com/
Simply choose a video on Your iOS device, it will be automatically processed and be immediately ready for streaming - just open web browser on your TV or computer and navigate it to the page displayed in the app.
No need to wait until whole video is processed - when you start watching or seeking only respective piece of content will be prepared for streaming, so encoding and delivery is extremely fast.
- iPhone or iPad, iOS 11.3 or higher
- Your TV and iOS device should be connected to the same home network (WI-FI or cable)
- TV web browser should be able to play HTML5 video (most of modern smart TVs)
- TV web browser should be able to access content using http protocol
- Or just web browser on Your computer (if you plan to watch videos on computer)
- DRM protected videos are not supported
- Streaming is optimised for one session (not possible to watch on two or more TVs at the same time)
The app has been tested on desktop web browsers, Samsung Tizen, LG WebOS Smart TVs and AndroidTV. To help you to check whether Your smart TV is compatible with the streaming protocols supported by the app we have prepared short video:
If Your Smart TV plays this video - it is compatible with the app. Do not forget not to lock/switch off Your iOS device while watching.
Sometimes video playback doesn't start automatically so press Play on remote control or player control bar. Once playback started you can seek or go to fullscreen using native control bar buttons.